Charles Macklin, the founder of Weston Tile started from humble beginnings as a bookkeeper in the Tile industry where he worked with co-founder Jim Stillie. The two opened Weston Tile in 1942 at their first location on Dupont Street. They built their second location at 700 Weston Road a couple of years later.
Charles opened the Weston Tile flagship store at 698 Weston Road in 1956. At this time the site of the new store was in an area not yet built up, with no sign out front and few buildings around.
Charles’ son, Howard started working at the family business full time in 1975 becoming full owner and President in 1991. Charles and Howard made the decision to focus more on retail sales and add an addition onto the building that included a showroom.
2014 - Now
Still proudly family owned, Weston Tile continues today to serve renovators, decorators and homeowners as Toronto’s leading tile store.